Like everything in life that requires some commitment, they bear the most fruit. When we work hard for something, we understand it’s value and its profound meaning in our lives. Buying a house is one of these meaningful occasions in life.
Brian Burds Home Selling Team understands the level of emotional and financial commitment required in buying a house. Our team can help any prospective homebuyer make this difficult process stress-free. The El Paso housing market is booming due to city growth and population spurts. It’s an exciting time to purchase a house in the area given the various development projects, lively construction, and numerous businesses investing in the city.
Becoming a homeowner is a large responsibility, but it’s also a great joy. Along with the responsibility of a mortgage comes the adventure of owning your own piece of property to make and call your own.
The visions of the American Dream always include the family home, the kids playing in the backyard, the dog wagging his tail in the yard, flower beds, and a white picket fence. Of course, there are many different versions of the American Dream and many reasons why people purchase homes. The bottom line is that whether it’s your first family home or an investment property, buying a house comes with many considerations, joys, and possibilities.
The El Paso Real Estate Market
In early 2018 the El Paso Times reported that our city was number four on the real estate markets to watch out for in the upcoming years. El Paso beat out the bigger metropolitan areas such as San Antonio, Fort Worth, and Dallas. This was largely due to the city’s reputation for low crime, affordability, and a growing arts and culture community. The report stated that the rankings were decided on several metrics including job growth, home affordability, and low vacancy or homes for sale. This makes buying a house in the El Paso a smart investment and a good idea for you and your family.
Due to its geographical location, El Paso County is very diverse and infused with unique culture, high-quality education, hospitals, and various job opportunities.
Tips for First Time Buyers
There is no step-by-step manual on buying a house. The right home depends on the buyer, their circumstances, preferences, budget, future plans and so on. The process will depend on whether you are buying a new home or purchasing a resale. Many variables come into play when it comes to buying a home. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- 1. Use a wise and knowledgeable realtor. With the many online resources people often mistakenly believe they can undertake the task of home purchasing on their own. Choosing the right realtor will guarantee that you are getting the best deal possible. A skilled and competent real estate agent will know how to better negotiate a contract.
- 2. Location, location, location. The emphasis on location depends on many things, but generally speaking, the location of a home can tell you a lot about its future value prospects. Perhaps it’s a new neighborhood with some up and coming infrastructure, commercial development, retail stores, etc.
- 3. Crime. Another important consideration when looking for that perfect home includes a little research on the crime rate in the area. The implications of the crime rate are twofold: it has a significance for you and your family but also for the monetary value of the home. A neighborhood riddled with crime will likely not see much development, which means an unlikely rise in property value.
- 4. Education. Regardless of whether you have children or not, considering the ranking of the education system in the area is an important factor in a home’s value. A home located next to a good school district means that it is an attractive place for families to move.
The Brian Burds Team will help in researching and making sure you have all the available information to make the right decision. The more options you have, the better. We not only have access to all listings in the area but also to important information and statistics on city crime rates and economic trends.
A few tips on budgeting can give you a good idea of where you stand in terms of budget. Spending a little time in this area of the process will get you started on the right foot. You can start by following these few tips:
- Total your income – Add up all forms of revenue and calculate the total.
- Figure out your expenses – Make a list of all your monthly expenses including bill calculations, car expenses, insurance, and medical costs.
- Calculate home costs – A good rule of thumb is to figure out your expenses and then ensure that your total monthly home costs will not exceed 28% of your income. This includes property taxes and homeowners insurance.
- Most importantly — let us help you! Here at Brian Burds we can help you best calculate your budget and guide you towards understanding a good price range for your lifestyle and future goals.
Your credit score is an important factor when it comes to buying a home. Keep that in mind and think about following a few important tips:
- Check your credit score – A good credit score is usually required for qualifying for home loans.
- Pay off some debt – If you have debt lingering, try to pay off as much as you can or begin making payments as soon as possible.
- Develop good credit habits – As you begin thinking about a home, begin establishing some discipline in paying your bills on time and keeping credit card debt down.
Why the Brian Burds Selling Team is the Best Choice
We’re not only expert realtors who understand the ins and outs of the real estate market, but we understand and care about the El Paso community. We employ a client-first philosophy that places your concerns, doubts, and your goals at the forefront of everything we do. We want to help you find the best home possible and help you find your version of the American Dream.
Contact Us Today
The Brian Burds family loves being part of someone’s home buying experience. We know how significant it is in someone’s life when they embark on the journey of home ownership. That’s why we take pride in helping our clients through every part of the process and giving them the best information so they can find the home of their dreams. We can close a deal as fast as two weeks and our lenders offer some of the lowest rates guaranteed. Contact us today at 915-751-1500.